In 6 Weeks, you will kick start your career, and learn how to implement state of the art safety processes for an autonomous vehicle, using the ISO 26262 standard.
The Automotive Functional Safety Bootcamp is six weeks of intense, hands-on training and coaching that will get you ready to face and implement the newest safety standards in the automotive industry. This program is designed for recent engineering graduates who are ready to take their next step to become controls and software test engineers. Our campus is located in Columbus, Indiana.
Don’t need any further information? Click here to pay your deposit.
WHY ISO 26262?
By the year 2018, every automotive supplier, from a wide range of industries, must follow the ISO 26262 Functional Safety standard. There will be a shortage of engineers in the workplace that has the skillset and knowledge base to implement, test, and verify the newest standard for the autonomous vehicle.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This course is intended to give students the foundation to implement the ISO 26262 standard. At the end of the course, students should be able to use Electronic Throttle Control to explain the concepts and demonstrate functional safety and ISO 26262. This course is designed to give students the skills, confidence, and experience to contribute on the first day of the job as a professional engineer.
The ISO 26262 Standard will be integrated with the existing LHPU Controls Course to include:
- Basic concepts and overview of ISO 26262/Functional Safety.
- Introduction to ISO 26262 important workflow and deep understanding of work products. such as Safety Plan, Safety Case, Functional Safety Requirements (FSR), Technical Safety Requirements (TSR).
- Understanding and developing HARA (Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment) and ASIL (Automotive Safety Integration Level) determination.
- Understanding of real world fault detection and analysis for ETC system.
- Introduction to Validation/Testing of the safety requirements and work products such as Test Cases, Traceability Matrix etc.
- Introduction to Configuration and Change Management.
- Understanding of Tool Qualifications Process and importance of using robust/error free tools for requirements, design, development and testing.
CERTIFICATE UPON GRADUATION
Graduates of the LHPU program receive a Certificate of Mastery in Fundamentals of Automotive Functional Safety Control Systems using ISO 26262 from SAE International. Currently, this is the ONLY Certificate of Mastery program in embedded controls offered by SAE International.
MENTORING AND COACHING
In addition to being immersed in the perfect learning environment, you will also be surrounded by mentors to help you master the soft skills needed to excel as a controls engineer. LHPU is about more than just learning new skills as an engineer, it’s about taking your career to the next level.
We have relationships with companies around the United States that hire LHPU graduates. To date, more than 350 people have graduated from LHPU, and 90% of graduates have found a job within one year of graduation. Past hiring companies include LHP Engineering Solutions, BorgWarner, Bosch, Caterpillar, Chrysler, Cummins, Delphi, Ford Motor Company, GE, GM, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Hill-Rom, John Deere, and National Instruments.
This course takes place at LHPU’s campus in Columbus, Indiana, as well as in Pontiac, MI
TUITION & FEES
Full tuition and fees for this six-week, hands-on course is $15,000. Payment plans are available! Call us at 812-343-4861 to see if you qualify, please leave a voicemail and we will return your call ASAP.