Four-day workshop with optional qualification as Functional Safety Certified Automotive Engineer (FSCAE).
We are pleased to announce, a four-day workshop session on the topic of Automotive Functional Safety and the ISO 26262 standard including the option of examination to become a Functional Safety Certified Automotive Engineer (FSCAE). The training will be held in Pontiac, Michigan, at the LHP Michigan Engineering Center.
Below you will find payment registration for the Functional Safety training with optional FSCAE certification exam. Choose the training type and proceed to the registration page.
Location: 2800 Centerpoint Parkway, Pontiac, MI 48431
July 31 – August 4, 2017
November 6 – November 10, 2017
Location: 1888 Poshard Dr. Columbus, IN 47203
October 16 – October 20, 2017
CHOOSE THE TRAINING TYPE BELOW:
Introductory topics of Functional Safety Management and Risk analysis, using ISO 26262 concepts, are discussed in detail, including worked examples.
- Introduction to Functional Safety Process
- Overview of Documentation requirements
- Overview of Management and Technical activities throughout the safety life-cycle phases
- Practical Exercises demonstrating Risk analysis
- FSM and concept development
Day 2 & 3
System Level and Hardware Level Implementation of ISO 26262
System development, technical safety concepts, system and hardware development. Evaluation of Safety Goals and Hardware Architecture using Failure Mode Effect and Diagnostic Analysis (FMEDA).
- Technical concept design of a system and its elements
- Topic addressed in relation to interface definition and Second tier suppliers
- In-depth interaction of safety-oriented hardware development processes
- Under FMEDA methodology, the following are presented:
- Required safety demonstration methods
- Calculation of Single-point fault metric & Latent fault metric
Software Level Implementation of ISO 26262
ISO 26262 establishes further software-related requirements focused on Functional Safety. The workshop presents the additional demands including the relevant techniques and measures corresponding to the relevant ASIL made on software development and their practical implementation in an illustrative manner.
- Briefing for all Software oriented personnel
- Validation tools and applying COTS
- Examples of architecture related to project and complier considerations
- Software development phases
- Specific requirements for Implementation and testing
- Validation and documentation features per ISO 26262
Interested participants can sign-up for the FSCAE qualification test. Attendance of all 4 workshops is a prerequisite.
- FSCAE Certification
- Qualification is valid for 3 years
- Can be extended for 3 years by attending a follow-up workshop & passing repeated test
Further FSCAC/FSCAM certification can be achieved by individuals demonstrating work on relevant safety projects for at least the past 4 years, and successfully passing the safety audit by TÜV-NORD.
ISO 26262 Training + Exam FAQ’s
Partnered with TÜV-NORD
LHPU and TÜV-NORD have partnered to offer training and certification under TÜV NORD`s market leading “Functional Safety Certified Automotive Engineer” (FSCAE) program. TÜV NORD, an internationally recognized and certified organization with experienced professionals having many years of practical know how in functional safety and the relevant standards associated.